Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"A Need So Beautiful" by Suzanne Young

We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.


With all of the angel books out in YA right now, this one definitely had the most unique take on an angel type creature. I really liked the idea of the forgotten and I am very interested to see where the author takes the story in future books. The main character in this one was named Charlotte. I liked Charlotte okay, but at times I felt she was a little to dependant on her boyfriend and the feelings she had for him. It just got a little tiresome having her say over and over how much he meant to her, and how she needed to be around him. I liked Harlin okay, but he wasn't really given much to do in this book. I don't know if he will be a bigger part in the future, or if he is meant to be small and in the background.

I really liked the parts where she was following her Need. I wish there had been more of them included in the book, or maybe just more details into the ones we did get to see. The one with the older man was my favorite. After reading the last page, I think there was a little clue in that part with him, as to what might be truly going on. I'm definitely intrigued enough to check out the next one on the series.


1 comment:

  1. Nice Review. I've been eyeing this series for a while now. Glad to see there's more to it then just a pretty cover. I love a good angel story!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...